In dogs, one of the most vaccinated viruses is the parvo virus. The virus is highly contagious, and it causes illnesses like diarrhea, vomiting and in severe cases, it can cause death. The mortality rate of this disease is extremely high, and the cost of treating a dog with this disease is also high. In certain instances, it has been found that the cost of treating a dog with the disease is approximately one thousand dollars, and yet the treatment is often not effective, since most dogs end up dying.
VCAC Mission and Goals
Vigo County Animal Coalition is an umbrella organization formed in 2007 to promote the well-being of animals in Vigo County, Indiana. Primary objectives of the VCAC are to:
- Improve public awareness of animal issues
- Improve communication between member organizations
- Improve visibility of member organizations
- Improve capacity of member organizations
- Ensure sustainable improvement in conditions for animals in Vigo County.