Responding to decades of ongoing animal welfare and overpopulation issues, seven existing animal advocacy/welfare organizations met in 2007 and formed the Vigo County Animal Coalition (VCAC) to improve services.
VCAC Mission and Goals
Vigo County Animal Coalition is an umbrella organization formed in 2007 to promote the well-being of animals in Vigo County, Indiana. Primary objectives of the VCAC are to:
- Improve public awareness of animal issues
- Improve communication between member organizations
- Improve visibility of member organizations
- Improve capacity of member organizations
- Ensure sustainable improvement in conditions for animals in Vigo County.
The VCAC builds the capacity of Vigo County, IN to find an effective solution to a long-term problem of animal overpopulation. Over 3000 unwanted dogs and cats are collected in the County each year. Our vision for a solution involves improving education and assistance to pet owners through the coordinated effort of individuals, animal service providers, and local city and county government. Under the umbrella of VCAC, this effort will be more visible, efficient, and effective.